Saturday, November 10, 2007

LAST walking tour day!!!

So we started out the last walking tour day with a little round-about excusion around to the other side of the bay that we had spent the previous night on.
The last day was alot of road walking, which I'm not going to lie, was okay with me. Although, we did get very efficient at our "CAR!" chant which would send us marching like soilders single file along side of the road every few minutes.

Sometime around lunch we decided that we would stop for a quick "map check" stop which turned into a very impromptu lunch that Pam, Kyle, Tim, Sarah and I shared, which I may add was very enjoyable.

Back on the road again, we talked of many things. Often times mundane, the conversation would turn to a gossip session, which would morph into a debate, which would yield to varying degrees of heavier topics. Honestly, the content of the conversations wasn't really what mattered. I mean, we could have been talking about beef jerky for pete's sake.
(Okay, editoral note: I'm just warning you, I'm going to get sappy for a second.)

Walking with these people that (for some of them have been my friends since freshman year of college) it gave me a very strong, positive feeling. This little jaunt that we went on wasn't for the light hearted. It wasn't for the pampered. It was for people who are into creating their own, positive and active experiences with one another, all while taking in the breathtaking scenery that Ireland had to offer. It was such a feeling of total acceptance, (and yes, after a week of being out on the road and peeing in some very bazaar places may have fostered all of the bonding) and knowing that this was something that we will truely remember for the rest of our lives.

Okay, so no more cheese. But as we climbed that last ascent that we had climbed the very first night (to go down to take a peek at Tralee Bay) and as the pub loomed closer and closer, I knew one thing for sure....that there was a Bulmers (possible with a shot of Jameson?) with my name on it inside.

As I retired to the bedroom of the Finglas House Bed and Breakfast, (the one that we had stayed in a week prior when we began the tour, I had a dream of Dublin in my mind, and a taste of the whiskey from our victory shot on my breath.....

No comments: