Thursday, May 8, 2008

i want to name my child bret

Okay, no worries, there's no plan of children in my eminent future (although after this past weekend I wouldn't be surprised---JK!) but I came to a recent realization that I LOVE BRET MICHAELs. As in the blonde-locked, 80s hairband frontman of Poison. Ahhhh. And the best thing about my crush is that my co-worker Jess is right there with me! (P.S.-We think that Posion is coming to town late summer. We're so there!)

So this recent crush I've been nursing on the Pittsburgh native (Steel City Hiyaaa!) comes right on the heels of an AWESOME weekend spent in Central PA hashing, camping, and just being generally crazy with some great people!

Now if your eyes blinked a little wider when you glossed over the word "hashing" don't be alarmed: I promise there were no illicit substances (at least not to my knowledge) present.

Even though the hashing motto is "A drinking club with a running problem," I tend to gravitate towards "a running club that doesn't take itself too seriously and likes to carve out really cool trails in the woods for sport." This past weekend was my second time hashing, and although I enjoy running anyway, the whole concept is something that I am just getting acclimated to.

Another really cool thing about the club is the whole subculture that comes with it. Now I don't want to risk divulging too much detail, dear reader, but I do want you to understand that most hashers seem to be pretty Type A-9-5-buttoned-up types who are all about partying just as hard as they work. Most are over the age of 25, with a vast majority of them above that, so I'm assuming that it's only appropriate to keep the debaoucherouness (sp?) to an ambigious mininmum. For the sake of identity protection, as well as just pure fun, tag names are given to each hasher-they tend to err on the side of inappropriate, (re: crude sexual humor) or serve as constant reminders for an embarrashing occurrance.

So getting back to this weekend...you know it was a good one when it's the Thursday after and you're still trying to piece it together with the assistance of photos, a dozen people's testimony, and scrapes/bruises.

Until next time....

1 comment:

The Jerc said...

bret michaels is a stud. end of story.

p.s. our blogs shall be friends now :)