Thursday, August 16, 2007

details, details, etc

Tons of traveling has been going on. I thank god that we are actually walking tommorrow, by now i feel as though I have forgotten how to.
So a few things to note:
1.) I must learn the fine art that is packing light. Or rather, I should invest in some arm weights and start bulking up, because my suitcase is darn heavy.
2.) I can hardly believe my eyes! The country side of Ireland is best described as what a country should be...rolling hills of white clapboard cottage homes. There are no "McMansions" to speak of and I haven't seen so much as one mention of a strip mall. True, we did spot a Burger King in Dublin, but Melissa and I had said aloud that there will be no patronage of chain stores while we are here!
3.) I need to remember to bring my wristwatch. Since not having my cell on (and oh what a sweet, sweet thing that is) I really have been all ADD when it comes to knowing about the time. Not that I really need to be super conscious of the time, as seeing that we are vacation, but hey, it would be cool to know.
4.) Alright, I know that I said I was only going to list a few points, but they are my rules and they're meant to be broken. The young lad that is sitting next to me REAKS of whiskey. Hell yeah!

No comments: