Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A note on insomnia

Let me set the stage. It's 1:15 A.M. EST and we're (my guess?) flying somewhere over the North Atlantic. The neoproxin (sp?) that my co-worker Cara had given to me is suiting my bruised coccyx just delightfully, and it is also aiding the rest of my body quite nicely.

To the left of me I can see a crazy gradient of color-we are flying into morning. Flying towards light. So wild. People all around are asleep, but I really don't know how they can be, this plane is certainly one of the teeniest I've ever been on--and my seat is not going back AT ALL.
Although I have tried multiple times to get some rest, nothing is really helping me. My only complaint thus far is that they keep playing this inane "Sky Mall" advertisement on the television set that is right above my head, and the constant light makes me want to go insaine in the membrane.

According to Kevin's wrist watch, we have a few more hours until we land.

And reader can I just take this opportunity to exclaim numerous times on how beautiful the sunrise looks from this angle--sensationalistic, true, but it's a great introduction to be what I'm sure will be a fabulous trip.

1 comment:

Laura_Mack said...

nice. You write so well! I felt like I was on that plane with you! ok I'm going to go read more now...